Friday, January 7, 2011

And now for 2011

As I contemplate what's in store in 2011, I'm constantly coming across people that I would best describe in this scenario-if they won lotto, they'd be angry at the taxes they'd have to pay...

I don't know about you, but I'm all for some optimism in 2011. I mean...how much more depressing can it possibly get? As I think of new year "resolutions" I'm not wasting my time with the ones I made every year that simply won't come to pass...you know, the typical: eat better and excercise more. Instead, I'm trying to focus on things that will make me a better person. Nothing wrong with personal growth, right? Simply things, like...don't yell. (Which you know is the staple of any Mom who wants to get a point across.) And, take a breath before you tell someone what you really think. (Which is a challenge for me, since I have no internal dialog). Simply my life. (Which includes throwing out papers I've been saving for the last 10 years....do I REALLY need the cell phone bill from 1999?) Decluttering my house. (Ok. Seriously, I'm just going to throw out ALL my clothes and start again, after I have the new baby. I'm just NOT fitting into them....end of story.) Eliminating negativity. (Which will includes limiting my exposure to the people angry about lotto.)

The way I figure, if someone is willing to give me a million dollars that I didn't have before...the tax man can take whatever he wants. Glass half full people! And happy 2011.

No comments: