Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sleep deprevation is a form of torture?

I'm quickly learning as my toddler gets old that sleep deprevation is the name of the game in parenthood. It's amazing to me how these little buggers seem to have all the energy in the world with just a handful of hours in a row. Don't they know that older people like sleep? Heck, I used to get a nice 8 hours straight before my son showed up. Now it's broken up into 4 hour chucks. When the heck did I sign up for that?

I have read a handful of books trying to figure out this out, and I have to tell you my son is smarter than all of them. As a matter of fact, while trying the slowly withdrawal method, he stood up last night and laughed at me. The other day, when I explained that Mommy had a headache and needed to get some sleep, he handed me his sleep bunny and continued to protest. At the end of the day, I think in a battle of wits my son will win.

No comments: