Monday, August 9, 2010

If you're sick stay home!

I never quite understood why sick people came into work. The fact of the matter remains, that most of us that are healthy would rather they kept they're nasty sick germs in the confines of their own homes. I never once chanced upon a sick person and thought..."gee, what a trouper! Look at him hacking and coughing up a lung...just to be my cubicle partner....wow." Mostly, I would advise people, they needed to go home, and more importantly, where the can of Lysol was.

I'm not quite sure if there's some perception that dragging your carcass to work in some of the worst states ever would warrant some sort of award, but it really doesn't. And I don't know if people feel they need to show up to prove they're sick (paranoid, anyone?) but seriously...stay home. They made sick days for a reason.

And while we're on the topic, seriously, if you're CHILD is sick, keep him or her home too! I will never understand the parents that drag their kid to school only to get that phone call that the sick child threw up in gym class and someone needs to come get the child. And quite frankly, many apologies to the parents if your sick child in any way causes some hardship, but last I checked the school really wasn't a nursing station. How selfish could you possibly be, that you would expose other children to the nasty germs your child has?

I guess what I'm saying is containment people. Contain your germs, viruses, infections or whatever else to yourselves and your families, and come join the rest of the world when you're n longer contagious. Believe me, the rest of us will gladly catch you up on what you missed.

No comments: