Saturday, December 5, 2009

Babies Don't Believe in Weekends.

Babies simply don't believe in weekends. As I hear my friends say, "I'm so looking forward to the weekend," all I can think is, well, it won't really change my routine all that much. I'm not sure of parents realize, but your child really could care less if your boss kept you working late and you're tired, or Aunt Sally called late at night and well, you chatted longer than you wanted, or that you thought you could sleep in on Saturday and just relax. There is no relax in their world. It's keep me on schedule and um, be happy about it.

The way I have it calculated, I'll be relaxing in about another 18 years when the Little Man has found his way to some dormitory. And at that point, I'll be seriously hoping that I raised well enough that he's not doing anything to seriously embarrass me.

I also know that the time just flies way too quickly. Already my son is walking and saying words as he leaves the world of puny and into the world of toddler. I know well enough that in another year or so, there will be temper tantrums and the display of the word "NO" more often than I'd like to hear as the world embraces him and shapes him as well. But right now, as I type, he's looking at me with his big eyes informing me that "na, na, nay" and so as is often when it comes to this case, I'll need to end this now and hug him and watch him giggle while he lets me play with him for just a while longer.

No comments: