Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I really don't care if you're tired.

I have a personal issue when people say, "I'm tired." Like who the heck isn't? I have yet to meet that one person that walks around the planet that says, "You know, I'm really well rested."

The fact is that EVERYONE is tired, it's all relative. Like, if you worked in a factory all day standing on your feet, you might me tired. Tilling the fields somewhere--tired. Chasing after a toddler while only sleeping three hours a night, ok--tired.

Going shopping at the mall--you don't get to complain your tired. Going to see a show and going out dancing--revoking tired privileges. And staying up late watching a game or some television series--yeah, no sympathy.

The other thing that irritates me after someone says, "I'm tired" is the sentence that follows, I was xyz all night. Really? I don't need to know why you're tired. I'm tired too. As a matter of fact, my guess is, if we were to sit down and compare notes about who should be more tired, I would win. I probably accomplished more than you probably did in your day. I'm sure you'll want to argue, but um, no. That's what runs through my head, when I have to utter the obligatory, "uh-huh." And honestly, WHY are you telling me you're tired? Because what, you want sympathy? You want to end the conversation early? What? You want to excuse yourself from that yawn you made while I was talking?

So, yeah. I don't want to hear if you're tired. Go to sleep if you can, and just shhh about it. Because take a look to your right and your left...psst...they're tired too.

No comments: